5500 Clement Drive
(216) 587-3200 ext. 1035
Fax: (216) 587-3259
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AUTOMOBILES: 2012-13 REGULATIONS & PROCEDURES
All students must obtain a parking permit by Tuesday, August 28, 2012. If a student does not have a permit, he or she is not authorized to park on school district property. The Security Director will assign students parking. The assignment of student parking is done in the following priority:
1. Physically-challenged students;
2. Seniors in a school sponsored work/study program requiring early dismissal from school;
3. Juniors in a school sponsored work/study program requiring early dismissal from school;
4. Seniors with a documented need for transportation to school by car;
5. Students in good academic standing;
6. Students with good attendance; and
7. Suspensions may result in the revocation of your parking permit.
Students are not permitted to go to their cars for any reason during the school day without the permission of an administrator. All cars parked on school lot must display the proper parking tag or the car may be towed away at the owner’s expense. If a student needs to drive to school on one particular day and does not have a parking decal, arrangements must be made with the community principal at least one day in advance of the day a parking space is needed. All school parking spaces are reserved and assigned. Proof that each student driver is fully insured must accompany any application for a student parking permit. All vehicles displaying a student parking permit are subject to random search.
Students will be allowed to park, (legally, ie not in front of a fire hydrant, etc) on the streets surrounding the high school where the 2-hour parking signs are in place.
Questions regarding student parking at the high school should be directed to the Director of Security at 216.587.3200, ext. 1035.
*Please submit your parking application asap since there are only 35 parking spaces
available due to new school construction*
*Beginning June 27, parking permits can be obtained at the welcome desk at Maple HeightsHigh School.